Last year, I wrote a book and an online course about mobile web apps. As you know, writing is generally a pretty sedentary activity that happens to go well with booze. Writing is also really hard work (mentally), and so it’s important for a writer to reward himself frequently with ice cream and various other snacks.
In spite of all these factors pulling me towards completely ignoring my health, I did make some attempts to be fit and forty early in the year (oh yeah, I forgot to mention that last year was also the year I turned 40). I registered for a 5k race and for a swim from Alcatraz, both of which helped me to focus on my training so that I wouldn’t die or get eaten by sharks. The problem, however, was that once the races were over, I felt like I didn’t need to exercise ever again. And, so I didn’t.
I think you can see where this is headed–writing and the successful completion of amazing feats of physical endurance have wrecked me! I’ve gained about 30lbs in the last year, and I have way more clothes that don’t fit now than I have that fit.
And so, like so many people with lame excuses for why they’re fat slobs, I’ve decided to start turning it around. I don’t have the guts to post a “before” picture of myself, but I’ll let you use your imagination. I look something like this:
And so, here I go! Stay tuned for updates!
Today, we launched several big improvements and changes to ContentBoxer.com, including:
- Embed Code Builder! Embed Code Builder lets you put ContentBoxer forms, or a list of ContentBoxes on your own site!
- Content Box Email Marketing Integration! If you use Contactology or Mailchimp for your email marketing, you can use the Site Integration settings (linked from Box settings) to make information from each new registrant to a Content Box be automatically added to an email list. If you use another email marketing service, let us know which one it is. We’ll be adding additional sites in the near future.
- Redesigned Box Manager! We’ve re-ordered the columns, renamed a couple, and did some general tweaking in the box manager. Let us know what you think!
- A whole mess of bug fixes, performance enhancements, and user interface upgrades.
Enjoy, and please leave a comment if you have any additional requests or if you notice something that’s not right.
We’re rolling out a whole bunch of user-requested features today! Here’s a list of some of the bigger ones:
- Box ordering. The Box Settings page now has an “Order” field where you can enter any positive or negative integer. When your boxes are displayed in a group, this number is used to sort them.
- Disable registration. Set disable registration to “Yes” to allow people to access the content in a box without registering. Anonymous statistics are still gathered for the user, allowing you to see how many times the content was accessed.
- Disable box image. Set disable box image to “Yes” to hide the image associated with your content box.
- Scheduled Publish / Unpublish. These are date fields (on the Box Settings page) that, if set, will be used to determine whether or not a Content Box is active.
- Box Clone: a simple button in the Box Manager that allows you to make a copy of a ContentBox’s settings to create a new Content Box.
- Tags: a new field for entering a comma-separated list of keywords associated with your ContentBox. These keywords are used for search engine optimization and to create custom RSS feeds.
Each of these new features came from user feedback we’ve gotten since our beta launch. Are there any new features you’d like to see or do you have ideas for how we can improve existing features? Let us know!